SAB 7s (Sussex All Blacks 7s) Tournament
When will BHRFC “All Blacks Sevens” take place this year?
Saturday 16th July 2022 – Men’s Tournament
at Burgess Hill Rugby Club, Southway Rec, Poveys Close, Burgess Hill, RH15 9TA
How do I enter a team and how much is it?
- Please register your interest to Ross Hallifax via DOR@bhrfc.co.uk
- The entry fee is non-refundable and must be paid in full to guarantee your entry into the competition. The cost of a team is £50, all profits of which will go to a nominated charity
Sussex All Blacks FAQ’s and basic rules
Which teams can enter?
Any adult teams (over 18) can enter our tournament
- If not an affiliated RFU club you must arrange your own suitable playing insurance. If you are not we would encourage you to seek permission from an affiliated club to play under their affiliation
What are the squad sizes and rules re substitutions?
- Each team can consist of a maximum 14 players aged 18 and over
- Each team must have no more than 7 players on the pitch at any time
- Unlimited rolling subs are permitted with the referees permission e.g. please make sure they are aware and agree to the change
What time is registration?
- All teams must be registered by 10:00 AM. Please go to the registration tent
What time is the first game?
- The tournament kicks off at 11:00am
When will the tournament finish?
- The tournament will finish around 5pm
What is the format of the tournament and what is the scoring?
- There will be 2-4 groups/leagues/pools made up of 4-6 teams each
- Each team will play every other team in its league once
- Match points will be awarded as such:
- Win = 4 points
- Draw = 2 points
- Final placing in the pool will be determined as follows:
- The team gaining the highest pool points will be placed first and so on
- If two or more teams have the same pool points the team with the highest points difference will come first. If two or more teams have the same points difference the team scoring the most will come first
- What pool you are in and exact timings will be shared on the day
- In the last SAB7s we had two pools of 5 and the top 2 from each went in the cup knockout and the next went into the plate with the bottom team from each pool playing for a wooden spoon
- We aim to guarantee 4-5 fixtures possibly more if the pools are bigger
What are the rules of each game?
- Usual 7’s rules consisting of:
- Each game will last 14 mins (plus any stoppage or additional time) with 7 mins each way
- 5 points for a try, 2 for a conversion, 3 for a penalty and drop goal
- In the knockout stage any match resulting in draw at normal full time will result in 5 mins extra play with the team scoring first winning the game without further play. A coin toss will take place to determine who kicks off and who receives
- If a player is temporarily suspended the period of suspension will be 2 minutes
- Restarts and goal kicking – all kicks must be a drop kick
What do I win?
Subject to the number of team entries there will be a cup and plate competition with the winner of each taking home a suitable trophy
- The winner of the Sevens Cup and Sevens Plate competitions will also receive a slab of beer!
Will spectators be charged?
- No, there will be no entry charge for spectators. Parking is also free
Where can I find out who else has entered the competitions?
- We will post regular updates on our Facebook Event page, on our twitter feed (@burgesshillRFC) and via email.
- By entering the tournament Burgess Hill RFC their servants and agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage howsoever caused to the participants, officials, or spectators of participating teams
If you have further questions please email Ross Hallifax –DOR@bhrfc.co.uk